Sunday, June 1, 2008

Namaste Saturday

So yesterday I made it back home from my brother's in time to pick up Akemi and catch an 11:00 Bikram yoga class. If that weren't enough, we also went to a special yoga event at 4:00 being held at the St. John's Town Center shopping mall. It was a promotional 90 minute Hatha yoga class being held outdoors in front of Dick's Sporting Goods. It was a little surreal in that it was outdoors and shoppers were walking by wondering what the hell we were doing. Good thing is it was a good exposure for yoga to the general public since most people think that yoga is simply a bunch of limp-wristed hippies sitting around indian-style chanting a bunch of weird crap. Quite the contrary. That class just about killed me! Not only was it hot outside, but the lesson was a rapid fire series of arm and core-strength building poses. When it came to doing the ab series, I felt like a feeble girlie-man. Now I know what kind of areas I need to focus on. That was definitely enough yoga for one day! Cool thing was they gave away door prizes and had a live DJ pumping alot of cool house and trance to accompany the lesson.




Following yoga, I was really craving oysters for some reason. Maybe because I didn't get a chance to eat them in Savannah, where there were a multitude of oyster restaurants. So we went out to Slider's at the beach where I polished off a dozen steamed oysters by myself. Akemi can't stand them so I had to eat them all by my lonesome. All in all it was a good Saturday!



No comments:


Aren't I glamorous?