Sunday, June 1, 2008

Demotivators

If you've ever been inside a building on a military facility, chances are you've seen a so-called motivational poster hanging somewhere for all to see. Their intent, I guess, is to push good morals and ethics. When I see them I don't feel motivated, I only feel angry. Like somebody is trying to push their agenda down my throat. If you feel like I do, then you'll really enjoy the website www.despair.com which features dozens of "demotivational" posters that look like the real thing but are a much more cynical, realistic take on each of the themes. Some of them are really funny!

And it seems like everyone is getting on this bandwagon now, because from time to time I get e-mails from friends or family featuring copycat versions covering just about every aspect of modern life and pop culture. Here are two that I received recently. The first one is mean, but sometimes true (the creator really needs to use spellcheck, though). The second one is a pretty good represenation of a big portion of the demographic here in Jacksonville! If you live in the South, you'll know what I mean. (Play some Skynyrd, man!! Freebird!!)


No comments:


Aren't I glamorous?