Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lost Weekend

I truly "lost" my weekend this week. This is my first weekend to drill with the Navy Reserves, and although it was only orientation and not actually working, I am completely physically and mentally drained. Although I've only been away from the military environment for 4 months now, I had forgotten about all of the bureacracy and mass confusion involved in accomplishing even the most basic task. Well, I was completely reminded of all that to the tenth degree this weekend, as not only am I dealing with Navy pencil pushers, but weekend warriors to boot that don't want to be there on a Saturday and Sunday anyway. I have so many things I need/want to do tonight, but I'm just going to crash and get a good night's sleep. I may consider taking the Friday or Monday off on future drill weekends to breakup the monotony. Oh the humanity.

No comments:


Aren't I glamorous?