Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Last Trip, Japan - On The Train To Kanazawa

Our last trip in Japan was December 5-7, 2007 to Kanazawa, Japan. I'll elaborate more about the city in a later post, but just quickly, it is the capitol city of Ishikawa Prefecture and lies about midway along the western edge of Honshu island, bordered by the Japanese Alps on the east and the Sea of Japan on the west. It holds a lot of history and traditional elements of Japan, similar to the city of Kyoto but is the lesser-travelled of the two. We had an opportunity to accompany my in-laws since their time-share membership has a hotel in that city. Being that it is a trip of several hundred miles from Yokohama, we took the shinkansen. Here's a few pics of the trip up there. You can probably tell by the snow that we zipped right through the mountains. They sold some great salmon-nigiri on the train which we enjoyed for lunch. More posts to come from this trip...



1 comment:

Jetty said...

I so miss Japan. My brother flew back yesterday. So lucky. I'm supposed to visit him later this year, so that's cool. I tried a new sushi place up the road from my apartment yesterday. They put canned tuna in their spicy tuna rolls. Blasphemy! I miss my rolling sushi bars!


Aren't I glamorous?