Saturday, August 30, 2008

Super Fuzz

This post goes out to my good friend, Philip, who I've been friends with since 7th grade. Here's a clip of one of our favorite bad 80s movies - "Super Fuzz"; it's so bad, it's great! It came out in 1980, starring Italian actor Terrence Hill (that's his Americanized name) and Ernest Borgnine. Terrence Hill was in a bunch of spaghetti Westerns in the 60s and 70s, including a great one called "My Name Is Nobody". "Super Fuzz" was actually directed by an Italian director, which is probably why even though this movie was filmed in the U.S., something about it doesn't seem quite American. It seems like some kind of wacky European comedy. I even wonder if Terrence Hill's voice was dubbed over or he tries extremely hard to cover up the Italian accent, but he has a really strange, unplaceable accent in this movie. I remember watching this countless times on HBO back in the day. Enjoy Philipa!

2 comments:

Jetty said...

I'll have to see that! Looks awesome!

Jetty said...

I know you love your new job and all but you're seriously slacking!


Aren't I glamorous?