Thursday, July 17, 2008

Big Bertha

Tropical storm Bertha blew up right through the middle of the Atlantic last week and kicked up some pretty righteous surf along the East coast. We were able to enjoy some of it on Sunday morning, before getting back to remodeling. It's funny how the Surfline website described it as only "fair" conditions. They always downplay the quality of the surf conditions, almost as if to discourage people from going out there and clogging up the line up. Well I'm no expert, but I'd say it was pretty damn good - almost Costa Rica proportions. Any bigger than it was on Sunday, I'd have been afraid to get out there. We went down to Costa Rica in 2004, and it was great fun, but I definitely had my ass handed to me on a platter at a couple of the spots we went out to. "Pura Vida" to the nth degree!

My apologies for the quality of the photos - it's really hard to get any decent surf pics without a telescopic lens.



1 comment:

Jetty said...

I was in Destin on the Gulf last week. The weather was awesome. I've got to get to Florida more!


Aren't I glamorous?