Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Another Nerd-tastic Achievement


Once again I find myself wasting incredible amounts of time with frivolous pursuits, this time getting all the way to the end of the "The Simpsons" game for the Nintendo DS. It was an infectious, guilty pleasure, and I loved every minute of it. It was probably the wittiest of any of the previous Simpsons games that I have seen, pitting you against a whole host of old video game cliches, Simpsons' creator Matt Groening, characters from "Futurama", and even God in a surreal game-within-a-game stage. The graphics were exceptional, especially for the DS, but what made it the most entertaining was that all of the original voice actors lended their voices to the game and throughout each of the stages the side-comments are hilarious. Definitely worth checking out if you have a DS. (The DS is sort of crack-lite for me; if I owned a Wii I would probably never leave the house.)

No comments:


Aren't I glamorous?