Friday, December 5, 2008

Crazy Dentist Movie


Well, not really so "crazy", but this movie "Reign Over Me" had quite an effect on me. I wasn't sure what to make of it before seeing it the other day, as I had just read a quick blurb about it a while back on the Tokyo Metropolis site, but I knew I was intrigued. Plus, sometimes I don't like to know too much about a movie before I see it. The constant in-your-face trailers depicting every key scene nowadays gives me movie-fatigue, and I'm often bored by the time I see the film in full length. But this movie, starring Don Cheadle ("Boogie Nights", "Hotel Rwanda") and Adam Sandler, is a story about two dentists (can you dig it? I can) reconnecting for the first time in years since dental school. In that interim of time, Adam Sandler's character loses his wife, 3 girls, and his dog in the 911 attack on the World Trade Center and he basically drops out of society in full PTSD mode and lives a reclusive life, independently wealthy from the settlement he received from the loss of his family. Needless to say, this isn't Adam Sandler's typical fare, a very sad story indeed but there are some great comedic moments. I won't spoil anymore of it for you, but I gotta put a plug in for Adam Sandler's crazy Bob Dylanesque hairdo and the cool oldskool soundtrack in this movie!

More emotionally-bruised dentist movies please! Dentists need love too.

No comments:


Aren't I glamorous?